Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Skincare

I generally like to make small changes to my skincare routine every season. In the fall and winter, I add oils and serums to my routine for a boost of moisture. In the warmer months, I keep things simple and stick to a small selection of products that rejuvenate and hydrate my skin. Here are my current essentials...


1) The first step in my routine is cleansing and recently I have been using the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. I am usually a bit wary of cleansers with gel formulas because of a bad reaction I had to one last year, but so far, this product has been working pretty well for me. It has a very lightweight texture and always leaves my face feeling clean and looking refreshed. This cleanser also does a surprisingly good job of removing makeup and it can be used around the eyes without fear of stinging! The light cucumber scent is not overpowering at all and I find the fragrance quite pleasant in the morning.


   2) After cleansing, I spray a few spritzes of the Herbivore Botanicals Skin Toning Elixir all over my face. I've got to be honest with you, the packaging of this product is definitely what tempted me to purchase it. I mean who can resist that minimalist, scandinavian design? Not Me! After using this toner for a few weeks, however, I can safely say that it has been keeping my skin hydrated. I use this product as part of my morning and evening skincare routine, but I also spray it on my face throughout the day to keep my skin looking fresh and radiant. I also love the scent of this product. The mixture of rose and ylang ylang is very calming.


    3) I purchased the Glossier Priming Moisturizer at the beginning of the year and I haven't been tempted to use anything else ever since. I LOVE everything about this moisturizer. The thin and comfortable formula, the dose of moisture it provides, and of course the fact that it comes with stickers to customize the tube! I also love the priming properties of this product because it helps ease makeup application and seems to minimize the appearance of pores. 


     4) I don't use the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate on a daily basis, but I find that it is great for days when my skin is looking dull and lackluster. After cleansing, I massage this product all over my face, leave it on for about a minute, and then gently pat my face dry. I am left with a more radiant and youthful appearance to my skin, almost as if I had a facial! I think this product is the perfect instant pick-me-up and I highly recommend trying it out.


Hope you enjoyed this post! I'd love to hear about your summer skincare routine in a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment