Friday, December 19, 2014

A Red Lip Moment

This fall and winter season, I've really been embracing the bold red lip look. In my opinion, red lipstick can do wonders. Not only does it give a classic edge to any outfit, a bold lip color says,"Hey World, I'M HERE." As superficial as this is, I personally feel a lot more confident and powerful when I'm sporting a red lip. 

If you haven't already guessed, this post will be about my favorite red lip colors! Let's get started.

The first lipstick in question is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. This is the first red lipstick I picked out myself and I actually hesitated quite a bit before taking the plunge. I was afraid that I wouldn't get much use out of it, but to my surprise, the dark berry tones in this lipstick have made it super easy to wear. This lipstick has a matte finish which is my favorite formula for bright colors. It feels really comfortable on the lips and it lasts for a good couple of hours before needing to be re-applied. I believe this shade would suit a range of skin tones and you can't beat the super affordable price tag!

The next one is the Hourglass Liquid Lipstick in Icon. Since last year, I've been hearing a lot of hype about these long-lasting lipsticks. Hourglass claims that it "delivers 14 hours of consistent wear without smudging or dryness". I was really intrigued by this description and the rave reviews this product has been receiving from bloggers so I decided to purchase a mini to try it out. The verdict: seriously impressive! I wouldn't say that the color stayed on my lips for 14 hours, but even towards the end of the day, the fading was pretty minimal and my lips didn't feel unusually dry. If you're someone who hates re-applying your lip color throughout the day, then I think you will LOVE this product! The full size of this product is quite pricey so I'd recommend getting the mini first.

Alright, hope you found this post helpful! Whether your sitting at home watching Christmas movies or going out with fiends this holiday season, throw on some red lipstick and feel like a badass! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment