I don't carry much makeup around with me, but lip balms are the one product you can always find floating around in my handbag. Over time, I have tested out quite a few different lip balms so I thought I would talk you through my favorites and not so favorites.
1) Carmex- This one is definitely an oldie, but an oh so goodie. Carmex is my go-to lip product when my lips are feeling quite chapped and just need a huge boost of moisture. It feels really cool and soothing on the lips and I love putting it on before bed. Also, unlike other lip balms that just sit on the lips, the tingling sensation of Carmex tells you that it is actually treating your lips.
2) Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey Lip Care- I think it is safe to say that this is my most used and loved lip balm. I can't tell you how many tubes of these I have gone through. This lip balm has a really moisturizing and hydrating formula that feels so comfortable on the lips. I always put this on before applying a lipstick because it keeps my lips from drying out. Its just an all round great lippy. Also, being a sucker for anything with honey in the name, I am partial to this flavor.
3) Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment- If you love lemon scented products, then you NEED this in your life. It smells so heavenly and makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island every time I use it. Moving on to the actual formula of this lip balm, it is insanely moisturizing and makes your lips feel super smooth. I wouldn't recommend putting this on under a lipstick as it is a bit on the slippery side so the color may not stay on too well, but it is great to wear on its own. The only down side for me is the price. It is on the expensive side for a lip balm, but if you're willing to splurge then I'd say go for it!
1) Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Balm- If you're a long time reader of my blog, you might recognize this product from my 'Fall Lip Picks' post. Since then, I have found that this product is just way too sticky on the lips. I can imagine a small gust of wind making my hair stick to my lips and that would not be pleasant. Also, it just makes your lips feels like they are coated in glue and doesn't add much moisture at the end of the day. Despite the fact that this lip balm smells like gummy peaches, I will not be repurchasing it.
2) EOS- I know. SHOCKER. To many, this is a holy grail lip balm that will always have a place in their makeup bag. With its adorable egg shape and colorful packaging, why do i dislike this product you ask? Well for starters, as cute as the product design is, I find that it gets dirty so easily. Every time I brought this lip balm out to use it, I had to clean out bits of dust that had somehow made its way in and that can't be hygienic. Second, I found that it did absolutely nothing for my lips. It didn't provide much moisture at all and it became pointless to put it on. Anyway, if this lip balm works for you, that's great, but if you're disappointed with it, then definitely check out one of the hits in this post!
Hope you enjoyed this one! What are your favorite lip balms? I'd love to know :)