Sunday, July 20, 2014

Current Favorite: Lip Crayons


Lately, any time I have sported a lip color, it has been one of the lip crayons pictured above. Lip crayons have quickly earned a permanent spot in my makeup stash for many reasons. First, the application process is a total breeze. The crayon- like nib allows you to precisely outline your lips and and fill them in. You can entirely skip the tedious lip liner step. Second, they stay on your lips like no other! I find this especially convenient when working with bright colors as you don't end up having to touch up your lip color every few hours. Even after eating a meal, your lips are beautifully stained. Now let's talk about some of my most loved lip crayons...

1) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey- This is definitely my most used lip crayon. It is a beautiful mauve pink that I throw on with any makeup look. My lips are naturally quite pigmented so for me this is a pretty wearable color. I think this is a shade that would look different on various skin tones, but equally beautiful.

2) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous- Rendezvous is the bright orange crayon in the picture and is one of my favorite colors in the warmer months. Don't worry, it doesn't make you look like you've been eating too many orange popsicles! On the lips, it looks like a peachy coral and is surprisingly wearable. My favorite way to wear it is with minimal eye makeup and a bright coral cheek. Definitely a winner for this time of year!

3) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush- Crush is undoubtedly the boldest shade in my lip crayon collection. It is a stunning deep raspberry shade that I love wearing with thick black eyeliner and layers of mascara. I also love wearing it as a soft berry stain during the daytime.

4) Clinique Chubby Sticky in Roomiest Rose- Roomiest rose is a beautiful deep pink that is the perfect everyday shade with a little something extra. If you're someone who likes to have a decent amount of color on their lips, but doesn't want to go all out, then this is the color for you. I also find the formula of this crayon to be really moisturizing and comfortable so you don't even really feel like you have something on your lips.

Have you tried any Lip Crayons? If so, what are your favorites?








No comments:

Post a Comment