Friday, February 14, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixir Review


Hello blog readers! Today I am coming to you with a review of the new Maybelline Color Elixirs. These lip glosses have been blowing up a storm on blogs recently, so are they really worth the hype? Here are my thoughts...

These lip gloss come in a variety of shades ranging from baby pinks to bright reds. The two I have pictured above are Petal Plush and Celestial Coral. They look pretty similar in the pic, but Petal Plush is a shimmery light pink and Celestial Coral is a creamy mid-tone pink. I find that these lip glosses feel extremely moisturizing and have a lip-balm like texture. I much prefer this to the sticky consistency of your typical lip glosses. As far as the pigmentation of the glosses go, I think the shades without shimmer are much more true to color on the lips. Finally, I don't how much this will influence your decision, but the packaging is super sleek and gorgeous so that's a plus!

Overall, I would say that these lippies are worth the hype! They have even converted a non-lip gloss lover like me :)

Let me know if you've tried any of these glosses in a comment below! thanks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment